Things you need to know about me:
* I still have my Christmas lights up, indoors
* I am currently in love with Pogo Possum and the tads
* One of my novels features a Mother Mary visitation, an infestation of Demonittes, and Jesus panhandling on the Union exit off Danny Thomas. Another features chickens.
* I facilitate a weekly writing group of men and women who have a personal knowledge of homelessness
* I once appeared in public dressed as a giant carrot
* I’ve danced on stage with Rufus Thomas, Archie Bell and the Drells, Doug Clark and the Hotnuts. I wasn’t dancing when I was on stage with Johnny Cash
* I see ghosts
* A short story of mine received a Special Mention in Pushcart – the closest I’ve come to national fame
* I showed clothes for 6 years. I practiced law for 19 years.
* I can’t spell, I can’t find my way out of a paperbag, I can no longer dance in high heels
* My metaphors are so good Sue Silverman included one of my essays as an example of metaphor in her how-to book on writing memoir
* I once saw a snake eating a frog
I could go on and on, but I won’t.
here’s to creative synthesis . . .